Naviance- Family Connection
Family Connection from Naviance is a Web-based service designed especially for students and parents. Family Connection is a comprehensive website that you and your child can use to help in making decisions about courses, colleges, and careers.
Family Connection will allow you and your student to:
- Get involved in the planning and advising process – Build a resume, complete on-line surveys, and manage timelines and deadlines for making decisions about colleges and careers
- Research colleges – Compare GPA, standardized test scores, and other statistics to actual historical data from our school for students who have applied and been admitted in the past
- Sign up for college visits – Find out which colleges are visiting our school and sign up to attend those sessions
Family Connection also lets your high school share information with you and your child about up-coming meetings and events, local scholarship opportunities, and other Web resources for college and career information
Setting Up Your Family Connection Account
1. Sign up for an e-mail account
Your school may require that you have an Internet e-mail account to use Family Connection. Your school may provide an e-mail address for you or may be able to recommend one of the many free services available on the web where you can establish your own e-mail account. If you already have an e-mail account, you can skip this step.
2. Register for Family Connection
You will need a personal registration code to create your Family Connection account. You can get this code from your counselor or school counseling office. Once you have your Internet e-mail address and personal registration code, go to your school’s Family Connection main page, type your registration code in the New User text box, click Register, and then follow the on-screen instructions. If you don’t know the address for your school’s Family Connection site, your counselor can tell you what it is.
3. Review options
Family Connection offers a number of features that will help you make career and college plans. Once you sign in, you’ll see the options available to you in a column on the left side of the screen. Visit the site regularly to find new information from your counselor.
4. Research colleges
If you’re planning to attend college, you can use Family Connection to help you research opportunities. You can look up colleges by name or search for colleges based on selected criteria. Then, you can see how your academic performance compares with past graduates from our school who have been admitted to specific colleges. You can use Family Connection to maintain a list of colleges that you’re considering. That list is also available to your counselor. You can also link directly to the college or university’s website for additional information.
5. Keep your counselor up to date
As you do your research and make your career and college plans, be sure to touch base regularly with your counselor. And, if you change your e-mail address, be sure to update your records in Family Connection so your counselor can reach you.
Enter the following URL address for your high school
- Cupertino https://connection.naviance.com/cupertino
- Fremont https://connection.naviance.com/fremont
- Homestead https://connection.naviance.com/homestead
- Lynbrook https://connection.naviance.com/lynbrookhs
- Monta Vista https://connection.naviance.com/montavista
For New Users, enter the six-digit registration code in the New User Box, then follow on-screen instructions. You can get this code from your guidance counselor. When asked to enter an email address, be sure to include one that you check on a regular basis.
For Returning Users, sign in using the Returning User Box