SRIYA SRINATH seated as Student Board Member on August 15th
Sriya Srinath is a senior at Monta Vista High School. She is an active member of the Leadership program, as an Associated Student Body (ASB) Officer, and Link Crew, a support system that helps freshmen experience a smooth transition into high school. Sriya has been a part of the MV Speech and Debate team since her freshman year, and has been serving as a Captain since her sophomore year. Outside of school, Sriya teaches dance at her dance school and enjoys coaching soccer. As Student Board Member, Sriya intends to improve communication between the Board of Trustees and the Intra-District Council, and duly voice the student opinion.
Roles and Responsibilites of a Student Board Member
• Be the representative of all five District high schools to the School Board
• Make reports/presentations to the Board; provide update on activities at each high school
• Bring back information from Board meetings as well as the District to help formulate
student activities and projects
• Publicize, through a variety of methods, what is happening at the Board level
• Talk with students and attend all District functions
• Facilitate the networking of student leaders
• Serve on District committees such as the Wellness and Guidance Services committees
• Talk openly at Board meetings
Intra-District Council, IDC, is an organization comprised of the representatives of the five high schools of the District. Each school is represented by its ASB President and two IDC reps. In addition, an IDC President, the Student Board Member, and the Advisor sit on this council. IDC meets twice a month usually the first and third Mondays. The goal of IDC is to improve relations between schools and to lessen some of the rivalry that sports create. IDC also works to implement some of the programs that students want. Any problems that the school’s ASB or the students themselves have are discussed at IDC meetings.