Common Core Math Toolkits (Silicon Valley Math Initiative)
The Silicon Valley Math Initiative has created math toolkits to help teachers work with rich performance items to prepare students for the rigors of the Common Core. Each course has 5 performance tasks that students answered, and a corresponding "toolkit" to go with the task. The tasks are combined in a single file to ease distribution to students, but each toolkit also includes the corresponding task.
- Full Report from SVMI on FUHSD performance
- Baseline Assessment Findings
- FUHSD Population Sample information
Guide to Files:
- Performance Tasks: 5 Performance Tasks for the course
- Toolkits for each task which include:
- description of the common challenges and/or misconceptions students have when doing that task
- annotated student work samples that illustrate various levels of performance
- outline of and materials for a “re-engagement lesson” that can be used to get students to think about how they would confront their mistakes and misconceptions and redo their work in order to improve it.
Recommended Mathematics Resources
|Shell Centre for Mathematical Education||Includes Math Assessment Project tasks, tests and lessons many of which include scoring rubrics and samples of student work.|
|Achieve the Core||Details the 3 shifts in math education that take place under the Common Core Standards.|
|California Math Project||
Includes professional development resources and some sample units.
Has examples of innovative teaching methods, instructional tools and video tours on using the resources.
If you find others links for resources that you think should be included please email the Common Core Team