Continuing Students

In January, all continuing 10th Grade parents/guardians of students in the Fremont Union High School District will be required to verify District residency before registering for next year’s classes. All residency verification will be completed at the High School Campus at which your student currently attends, unless otherwise notified. 

Your official residency verification packet will be mailed directly to your residence in January and will contain all of the forms and information needed to complete this process. If you do not receive this packet then you must complete residency at the District Office on the day of your School's residency day(s). 

Please remember the following:

  • A student can have only one residence for the purposes of establishing residency and must live with a parent or legal guardian
  • PO Boxes will not be accepted for residency purposes
  • All documents used for residency must be CURRENT, VALID and ORIGINAL! 

Any student who fails to complete the process by the end of March, will be deemed to have moved outside District boundaries and will be dis-enrolled.



FORM - you must sign and complete the Residency Declaration Form

4 DOCUMENTS - you must bring the following current, valid and original documents:

1.  Parent’s Picture ID  - one from the following list:

  • California State Driver’s License or California State ID Card
  •  Valid Passport or Consulate Issued Picture ID

2.  Residency Document #1  - one from the following list:

  • Valid vehicle registration (title documents do not meet residency requirements)
  • Current (2017) W-2 Tax forms
  • Current paycheck issued by employer - employer employee’s name and address must be imprinted on the check (on-line/computer printouts are not accepted)

3.   Residency Document #2  - one from the following list:

  • Original Property Tax Bill with parent name and property address
  • Tenant's copy of Rental or Lease agreement with parent name, student name, and address, as well as manager or owner’s name and phone number

4.  Residency Document #3 - Pacific Gas Electric (PG&E) Bill or statement

Please bring the bill/statement mailed to your residence with parent name and address

CHANGE: If you currently use E-bill for PG&E, you may print the on-line bill in place of an original mailed bill.  A color printed version is preferable.  A photocopy of the electronic bill will not be accepted.

ONLY IF your rental agreement states that utilities (PG&E) are included, then one of the following can be used:

  •  Monthly Bank statement mailed to your residence with parent name and address
  •  Monthly Cable Bill  mailed to your residence with parent name and address


If you are unable to provide any of the above required documents, then you must go to the Enrollment and Residency Office and meet with a Residency Official to discuss your options.

Spanish and Chinese versions of all residency and registration materials are available at the Enrollment and Residency Office.