Private or Other School Info.

Welcome to the Fremont Union High School District! We are looking forward to having you and your student join us next year as part of the FUHSD family.  High School is an exciting time for parents and students alike and we are eager to get to know you and spend the next years working together as a team to make your student successful.

As the first step in registering for school, we will be asking you to use an On-Line registration tool (no paper forms).  Please complete the New Student Registration process on-line via the OLR link and bring the Registration Number to the District office to complete the residency verification process in order to verify that you live within our District boundaries.  Our district receives our funding directly from the property taxes paid by our community residents, with no funds provided by the state based on enrollment.  Our residency efforts help insure that that every tax dollar of our community is used to support students that live with the parent/guardian full time within our boundaries.


Priority RegistrationJanuary 16 to January 26, 2018

Completing the process in this time period will help insure that students and families will have access to guidance information.

Late  Registration –  Starts on February 1 and continues indefinitely

Please remember the following:

  • A student can have only one residence for the purposes of establishing residency and must live with a parent or legal guardian
  • PO Boxes will not be accepted for residency purposes
  • All documents used for residency must be CURRENT, VALID and ORIGINAL! 

The following items are required for registration and Residency Verification.

  1. You must complete the On-Line New Student Registration via the OLR Kiosk link (begins 1/8/2018)
  2. You must complete the FUHSD Residency Declaration Form

7 DOCUMENTS ARE NEEDED - you must bring the following current, valid and original documents:

1.  Parent’s Picture ID  - one from the following list:

  • California State Driver’s License or California State ID Card
  •  Valid Passport or Consulate Issued Picture ID

2.  Residency Document #1  - one from the following list:

  • Valid vehicle registration (title documents do not meet residency requirements)
  • Current (2017) W-2 Tax forms
  • Current paycheck issued by employer - employer employee’s name and address must be imprinted on the check (on-line/computer printouts are not accepted)

3.   Residency Document #2  - one from the following list:

  • Original Property Tax Bill with parent name and property address
  • Tenant's copy of Rental or Lease agreement with parent name, student name, and address, as well as manager or owner’s name and phone number

4.  Residency Document #3 - Pacific Gas Electric (PG&E) Bill or statement

Please bring the bill/statement mailed to your residence with parent name and address

CHANGE: If you currently use E-bill for PG&E, you may print the on-line bill in place of an original mailed bill.  A color printed version is preferable.  A photocopy of the electronic bill will not be accepted.

ONLY IF your rental agreement states that utilities (PG&E) are included, then one of the following can be used:

  •  Monthly Bank statement mailed to your residence with parent name and address
  •  Monthly Cable Bill  mailed to your residence with parent name and address

5. Birth Document

A birth document that verifies the student’s legal name, birth date, and birthplace. This may be a birth  certificate or other official birth record.  If a birth document is not currently available in English, a passport may be used temporarily until the proper documentation can be secured. If you do not have a birth certificate or other birth record, please be sure to request a copy as soon as possible from the Recorder’s Office in the county, state or country of birth.

6. Transcripts - Current school year report cards

7.  Immunization Records - Complete immunization records including dates and physician signature/stamp.

  • If entering from outside Santa Clara County, the Mantoux TB Test must be given within 12 months of enrolling

  • Mantoux TB Tests performed outside the USA will not be accepted

  • Proof of Tdap Booster shot (Whooping Cough)


If you are unable to provide any of the above required documents, then you must go to the Enrollment and Residency Office and meet with a Residency Official to discuss your options.