The Measure B Bond Program began with renovations of the fields and sports facilities at each of the five high schools along with an extensive solar energy project at each one of the District sites. At Homestead High School, the following scopes of work were identified by the Program Implementation Plan (PIP) team as priorities to be completed during the Measure B Bond Program:
- Build a new Field House/Classroom Building
- Expand and renovate the existing Kitchen and Cafeteria and reconfigure the Quad.
- Replace Central Plant including the Chiller/Boiler system, pumps and cooling towers.
- Renovate existing Library
- Renovate the Guidance Support Services Building
- Upgrade aging infrastructure in the utility tunnels.
Since the time the PIP was first developed the Measure B Bond Program Management Team has received larger than expected enrollment projections for Homestead High School. Therefore, the team hired Quattrocchi Kwok Architects to develop a Master Plan for HHS that would identify the projects necessary to not only meet the current enrollment needs, but to address future enrollment needs as well. The development of the master plan has since augmented the original PIP identified projects into the following Measure B Bond Program projects:
- Build a new Field House Building with space for the Athletic Trainer and Band.
- Demolish the existing Cafeteria Kitchen Building and Quad and build a new Cafeteria Kitchen Classroom Building with (3) new science classrooms.
- Build and new Quad as part of the new Cafeteria Kitchen Classroom Building.
- Rebuild the Central Plant with a new enclosed Chiller yard.
- Renovate (2) existing classrooms to by installing a Chemistry Fume Hood in each classroom.
- Develop a campus wide utility master plan to renovate aging utility infrastructure.
The Measure B Bond Program work at Homestead High School is anticipated to be finished by the Summer of 2015. For individual project status and updates please click on the project links below.
Project Name: Field House
Start Date: 8/8/2012
Completion Date: 10/2013
Link to Project Detail
Project Name: Chiller Plant Replacement
Start Date: 6/14/2011
Completion Date: 11/2011
Link to Project Detail
Project Name: Track and Fields
Start Date: 7/2009
Completion Date: 1/2012
Project Name: Solar
Start Date: 5/2009
Completion Date: 8/2009