Complaints/Public Input

Let us Help / Public Input

The Fremont Union High School District is committed to being a high quality school district, good neighbors, and an involved community partner, so we want to hear from you if you have an issue or concern.  Parents, students and community members can click on the following link to report a problem, share a concern or offer a suggestion.

Let Us Help / Public Input

General Complaints Concerning Schools

The Board of Trustees believes that the quality of the educational program can improve when the district listens to complaints, considers differences of opinion, and resolves disagreements through an established, objective process.

The Board encourages complainants to resolve problems early and informally whenever possible. Issues/complains about a school or school personnel should start by contacting an Administrator at the school. If a problem remains unresolved, the individual should submit a formal complaint on Exhibit 1312, General Complaint Form, as early as possible.

Individual Board members do not have authority to resolve complaints. If approached directly with a complaint, however, Board members should listen to the complaint and show their concern by referring the complainant to the Superintendent or designee so that the problem may receive proper consideration.

General Complaint Form

Complaint Officers (Uniform Complaints & Williams Act Complaints)

The Fremont Union High School District has the primary responsibility to insure compliance with applicable state and federal laws and regulations and has established procedures to address allegations of unlawful discrimination, harassment, intimidation, and bullying, and complaints alleging violation of state or federal laws governing educational programs and the charging of unlawful pupil fees. 

FUHSD shall investigate and seek to resolve complaints using policies and procedures known as the Uniform Complaint Procedures (UCP) adopted by our Board of Trustees. Unlawful discrimination, harassment, intimidations or bullying complaints may be based on actual or perceived age, ancestry, color, ethnic group identification, gender expression, gender identity, gender, disability, nationality, national origin, race or ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or on a person's association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics, in any program or activity that receives or benefits from state financial assistance.

The UCP shall also be used when addressing complaints alleging failure to comply with state and/or federal laws in Adult Education, Consolidated Categorical Aid Programs, Migrant Education, Career Technical and Technical Education and Training Programs, Child Care and Developmental Programs, Child Nutrition Programs, Special Education Programs and Safety Planning Requirements. 

Contact information for each of our compliance officers is provided below. For more information about how to file a complaint, please review the related documents at the bottom of this page. 

  Uniform Complaint Procedure Officer
  Graham Clark
Associate Superintendent
Administrative Services
Phone: (408) 522-2205
  Title II & V Compliance Officer- School Facilities/Construction
  Christine Mallery
Associate Superintendent
Business Services
Phone: (408) 522-2245
  Title IX Compliance Officer - Sexual Discrimination/Harassment

For complaints against employees:

Paula Robinson 
Director of Human Resources
Phone: (408) 522-2279

For student against student complaints:

Trudy Gross
Assistant Superintendent, Teaching and Learning
Phone: (408) 522-2203

More information about Title IX

  Section 504 Compliance Officer - Students with Disabilities
  Nancy Sullivan
Coordinator of Special Services
Phone: (408) 522-2232

Complaint Forms and Related Board Policies